Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Confessions

She said it was about sadness. And yet she could feign such a beautiful smile. And her lips were so perfect. And I looked as far as I could and all I saw was a picture of beauty distorted by the mirror. Was the mirror my eyes? I wondered just who it was that was looking back at me. One human to another. Just who was this person born in a small town raised in a desperate way opening the doors with just one heart wishing that tomorrow would be so different wondering why it worked out like this writing poetry alone in her room listening to the baby cry. Listening to her baby cry. Above us all, the universe looked down. Above us all, this universe suspended in sky, a vastness reminding us we are real, looked down. And yet, she could feign such a beautiful smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home